I couldn't start the game on Chrome... I pressed enter but got the continue/reset prompt. Looks cool though.
|Movement||Player 1||Player 2|
|1 powerup||Z / C / N||L Shift / Tab|
|2 powerup||X / V / M||A / Q|
* Up to 2 players can play themselves at the same keyboard (or using different gamepads) using the multiplayer game mode.
How to play?
You can move left and right and player always stops at predetermined positions (there are 5 positions).
You hit the ball if you are positioned correctly when it arrives. It chooses a random position on the enemy court as soon as you hit.
You have to collect coins to gather powerups, which can be used according to their position on your inventory to help you beat the opponent.
Similar to real life tennis, the first to go over 40 wins the game and the match.
These are the current powerups available:
- Earthquake: Shakes the screen around making it more difficult to see where the ball is headed.
- Curved ball: Ball changes direction mid-way.
- Ghost ball: Ball becomes invisible until hit again.
- Fast ball: Ball becomes a lot faster until hit again.
- Time slower: Time slows down but players can still move quickly.
The game itself is a cross between Timber Tennis and Mario Kart, in the essence that it plays like pong (Timber Tennis style) but you are able to get random power-ups to help you beat the opponent.
The game is free to play on your browser (you are free to make any donations).
If you want to download a standalone executable (for Windows, Linux, OS and raspberry) you can do so at a small charge to help support further game development.
The game is still being developed, with the current areas being worked on right now:
- increase number of opponents and their variability
- increase number of powerups
Did you like it or hate it? Did you find any bugs? Would you like to have something different?
I'd love to hear your feedback!
|Updated||3 days ago|
|Published||7 days ago|
|Made with||PICO-8, Aseprite, Sublime Text|
|Tags||fantasy-console, PICO-8, Pixel Art, Retro|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any), Touchscreen|
|Player count||1 - 3|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Multiplayer support!3 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Sorry, should have mentioned that for all prompts you need to use X or Z
pretty good game!